Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servers: 4 people
- A large bunch of fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g Freshly grated Pecorino cheese
Blend all ingredients except cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add more olive oil if necessary to make the pesto sauce thinner.
Cook the penne pasta according to package instructions, then drain.
Pour over hot pasta and toss well before serving with freshly grated Pecorino cheese on top. Enjoy!